Friday, April 2, 2010

Request Granted

You can see the recipe and directions for the pizza dough recipe HERE. For the pre-baked crusts, just bake for 18-20 minutes at 400°. After it's cooled, I just wrap them in plastic wrap and put them in the fridge until I'm ready to use them. When you add your toppings, you just bake it long enough for the cheese to melt.

The full recipe will make 4 loaves....each loaf makes one pizza crust. I generally half the recipe and do one pizza and one pan of breadsticks.

If you don't have lecithin and don't want to buy it (you can find it at health foods stores), I've found that the recipe works just as well without it, as long as you are planning to eat whatever you've made that day. If you're making loaves of bread that will be eaten over several days, you'll want to use the lecithin...otherwise the bread dries out pretty fast (and, honestly, I never make my regular bread from this recipe...it feels too dry to me past the first day).

1 comment:

  1. i love the zollingers!!!!
    my favorite recipes are the broccoli chicken casserole, WAFFLES, carla's chocolate hot fudge cake, carla's apple pancakes, and carla's fast healthy protein packed breakfast with a piece of turkey wrapped around a piece of string cheese. :)

    ReplyDelete